Chicago Craft Beer Week is upon us, folks! If you are in the Chicagoland area, get ready to enjoy a bunch of events running from May 18, 2017 through May 25, 2017. These range in size from huge beer fests to neighborhood bar tap takeovers and feature breweries of all sizes. While you can check the official website for a listing of most events, here are some particular things we’re looking forward to. There is still space on some of our beer tours, too.
Here are our favorite events for the upcoming Chicago Craft Beer Week:
Thursday, May 18, 2017
- Beer Under Glass, 5:30-9:30 PM, Garfield Park Conservatory. Featuring 100 different breweries and over 200 different samples in the beautiful Garfield Park Conservatory, this is one of the best Chicagoland craft beer events of the year. $60; Tickets.
- Beer Under Tin, 7 PM-10 PM, Paddy Long’s, 1028 W. Diversey Parkway. As counter programming to Beer Under Glass, brewers, owners, and reps from Metropolitan Brewing and Off Color Brewing will be there to test their mettle against the champion boot racing team from Paddy Long’s. Free to attend; Info.
- Fourth Annual Battle for Lake Michigan, Links Taproom, 1559 N. Milwaukee Ave. The battle pits Illinois vs. Michigan vs. Mindionsin (MN, IN, WI) in a heated battle to see who is the master of the greater Lake Michigan area. Each state receives 10 CO2 kegs and a firkin to start the race. The winner is the first state to run out of their kegs and firkin. Free to attend; Info.
Friday, May 19, 2017
- Putt Putt at Revolution Tap Room, Revolution, 3340 N Kedzie Ave. The Rev Brew Crew has been working hard these past several weeks to create a 9-hole Revolution themed mini-golf course throughout the brewery. Also on May 20 and May 21. $40 for 4; Tickets.
- Beauty and the Brews, 6 PM-9 PM; The Sedgwick Stop, 1612 N Sedgwick. Join for their 3rd annual celebration of women in craft beer. They takeover all 14 taps with women owned or women brewed beers. Meet, mingle and drink beer with some of the women brewers on tap. Free to attend; Register.
- Unicornucopia 5, 6 PM-10 PM, “The Pdubz Pipedream” at Emporium Flux Space, 2367 North Milwaukee Ave. Sauce and Bread will be forging Salvador Dali inspired vittles washed down with the signature brews of none other than Pipeworks Brewing Co. with mobile upper infusion confusion extracted from Dark Matter. $60; tickets.
- Suburban Shotgun, 6 PM-8 PM, Bitter Pops, 3345 N. Lincoln Ave. Bitter Pops will be featuring some of the Best Suburban Breweries that package their beers in cans. Headliners will include: Penrose Brewing, Solemn Oath Brewery and Miskatonic Brewing Company. Each Brewery will be tasting out their lineup of canned goodness and will also feature a specialty keg on draft. Free to attend; Info.
- Tiki Apocalypse Beer Prom, 8 PM-1 AM, Burnt City Brewing, 2747 N. Lincoln Ave. Dance the night away in your best tiki attire and count down to the inevitable apocalypse at Burnt City Brewing. You theme enthusiasts are in luck because the honor of Prom King and Queen will go to the most creative costume wearers. Free to attend; Info.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Ultrafresh II Presented by The Hop Review. 4-8 PM, Right Way Signs, 2333 N. Seeley Ave. On Saturday, May 20th, Ultra Fresh II will feature some of the best breweries Chicago has to offer, all pouring the freshest beer you’ll ever get your hands on, in one place. $35; Tickets.
- Beerfly Alleyfight presented by the Drinking & Writing Theater, Haymarket Pub & Brewery, 737 W. Randolph St. 10 homebrewers brew a beer of their choice, pair it with a homemade dish also of their choosing, and then are “paired” with a local artist. The artists, ranging from writers, performers, poets, burlesque dancers, and musicians, meet with the homebrewers a few weeks before the event and come up with a short piece based on the beer and food pairing. On the day of the event, everyone who attends gets to sample the beer, taste the food, watch the short performances then everyone votes. $35, $40 at door; Tickets.
- South Side Craft Beer Fest, 2-6 PM, Baderbrau Brewing Company, 2515 S Wabash. Join us on Saturday, May 20th, 2017, for a celebration of local, quality craft beer manufactured from South Side brewers. $45; Tickets.
Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Sour Beer Fest, 12-5 PM, Delilah’s, 2771 N. Lincoln Ave. They will be tasting every possible variety of the spontaneously fermented Belgian Lambic beers that Delilah’s can get their hands on. $20 at door; Info.
- 4th Annual Battle of the Breweries 2017 Dodgeball Tournament, 2-6 PM, Goose Island Barrelhouse, 603 N. Sacramento Blvd. At its core, Battle of the Breweries is a single elimination dodgeball tournament. It features 32 competing Chicagoland breweries, all seeking dodgeball supremacy. $25; Tickets.
- Small & Local Brewery Showcase, 3-8 PM; Sheffield’s, 3258 N. Sheffield Ave., Aleman Brewing, Around the Bend Beer Co. & Begyle Brewing will all be serving-up their beers two ways; straight up and then the same beer sent through a Randall to infuse it with other special flavors. Also featuring a mini-tap takeover with other local breweries. Free to attend; Info.
Monday, May 22, 2017
- Saisonathon presented by ABV Chicago, 5 PM-1 AM, Pub Royal, 2049 W. Division St. They’re gathering the best saisons from around Chicago and putting them on tap. Free to attend; Info.
- CHAOS comes to Beermiscuous, 6-9 PM; Beermiscuous, 2812 N. Lincoln Ave. In honor of all the Chicago breweries that started off as a home-brewing hobby, Beermiscuous is inviting their friends from CHAOS Brew Club to join them on Monday evening. Come learn about the club, how to home brew, and try some beers. Free to attend; Info.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- IBW CCBW Bonfire, 7PM-midnight, Illuminated Brew Works, Join Illuminated Brew Works along with Dry Hop Brewers, Around the Bend & Maplewood Brewery as we inaugurate the 2017 summer with the first fire of the year! Free to attend but RSVP required; Info.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- Beers & Balls, 5:30-9 PM; SPiN, 344 North State Street. Play beer pong against the staffs of breweries of Half Acre, Lagunitas, Revolution, Sam Adams & Old Town Abbey. Free; Register.
- Brown Line Brews 5 presented by Cicerone. The Long Room, 1612 W. Irving Park Road. A showcase of the breweries along the Brown Line, where both the Cicerone Certification Program and The Long Room also reside. if you’ve achieved any level of Cicerone certification, wear your certification pin and you’ll get a custom glass and your first beer. Free to attend; Info.
- DryHop/Lincoln Park Zoo Beer Collab Release Party; 5 PM-close; Dryhop, 3155 Broadway. Dryhop will donate a dollar from each pint of “Ursus Mapletimus” a Smoked Maple Imperial White Ale, sold to the Zoo and this is during the entire time it’s on tap. These proceeds will support polar bear conservation and vital climate change education. Free to attend; Info.
Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Beasts of the Barrel, 7 PM-close, Fireside, 5739 N. Ravenswood. Sample some of the best barrel aged beers, including varieties of BCBS. Free to attend; Info.
- South Side Brews Tap Takeover, 6 PM-midnight, Kaiser Tiger, 1415 W. Randolph. Sample great south side breweries. Free to attend; Info.
- Craft Beer Cruise with Shoreline Sightseeing. 8-9:30 PM, departing from Navy Pier. A celebration of the 8th annual Chicago Craft Beer Week complete with craft beer samples from Revolution Brewing, appetizers, & live DJ entertainment. $49; Tickets.
Battle for Lake Michigan , Battle of the Breweries Dodgeball Tournament , Beasts of the Barrel , Beauty and the Brews , Beer Under Glass , Beer Under Tin , Beers & Balls , Brown Line Brews , ccbw , CHAOS , chicago craft beer week , Craft Beer Cruise , IBW CCBW Bonfire , Saisonathon , Small & Local Brewery Showcase , South Beer Fest , Suburban Shotgun , Tiki Apocalypse Beer Prom , Unicornucopia