Hello brew crew!
Chicago Craft Beer Week is upon us, folks! If you are in the Chicagoland area, get ready to enjoy a bunch of beer-focused events running from tomorrow through May 25. These range in size from huge beer fests to neighborhood bar tap takeovers and feature breweries of all sizes and locations with a great local focus. While you can check the official website for a listing of most events, we’ve also compiled a guide of our favorite events during the week.
Regardless, we hope you have a blast drinking delicious local beer this week! We’ve included more beer related information below.
Bruce and the CBE Team
Upcoming Beer Events
– Chicago Beer Experience Beer Tours – Link
– Chicago Craft Beer Week (CCBW) – May 18-25, Various Locations; Link
– Maifest Chicago – June 1-4, Lincoln Square; Link
– Craft Brews at the Lincoln Park Zoo – June 16-17, Lincoln Park Zoo; Link
– Chicago Ale Fest (Summer) – June 23-24, Grant Park (Butler Field); Link
- Pair singing with suds in beer choir in Chicago’s northwest suburbs. Link.
- Alarmist Brewing’s new taproom features some great summer beers. Link.
- Revolution Brewing is an official White Sox sponsor. Link.
- Learn more about the 1855 Lager Beer Riots. Link.
- Lagunitas has sold completely to Heineken. Read why from Lagunitas’s Tony Magee. Link.
- South Side Brewer Open Outcry Brewing hopes to be open by Memorial Day. Link.
- Baderbrau has added a kitchen to its taproom. Link.
- Here are 6 U.S. Cities for your next beer vacation. Link.
- Anheuser-Busch’s deal to purchase Wicked Weed did not go over well in the craft beer community. Link.
- To survive, craft brewers turn to cocktails, coffee, and bicycles. Link.
- Creature Comfort’s CEO is highly suspicious of Anheuser-Busch, including their recent craft brewery acquisitions. Link.
- Beer tourism is on the rise. Link.
- There is a fruit invasion in craft beer. Link.
- A runner consumed 13 beers – 1 for each mile – and still finished his half marathon. Link.
- The world’s first 1,000 pack of beer is available in Finland. Link.
- Beer is now being brewed with urine…sort of. Link.
- Beer is a better painkiller than acetaminophen. Link.
- Goose Island is expanding globally. Link.
For more up-to-date beer news, follow us on social media:
Thank you for reading and your support! 😎👍🍻
1000-pack , 1855 lager beer riots , Alarmist Brewing , Anheuser-Busch , Baderbrau , beer mile , beer painkiller , beer tourism , beer vacatopm. Wicked Weed , Chicago Ale Fest , chicago craft beer week , Craft Brews at the Zoo , Goose Island , Lagunitas , lincoln park zoo , Manifest Chicago , Open Outcry Brewing , Revolution Brewing , urine beer