Tour Location & In General
This beer tour straddles Chicago’s Lakeview & Lincoln Park neighborhoods and is located approximately 3.5 miles north of the Loop of Downtown Chicago, easily accessible via mass transportation. A trained guide will lead you on approximately a half of a mile walk through these neighborhoods, where you’ll learn about Chicago and beer and taste great craft beer over a three hour period.
Where You’ll Visit
We take tremendous pride in visiting locally-owned establishments that are off-the-beaten-path. In addition to providing friendly service, these places also have character and uniquely add to the neighborhoods. Included are the following:
- An Irish Pub that pours a perfect pint of Guinness owned by a friendly, ornery Irishman named Tony;
- a beer-and-bacon bar where you’ll taste different beers with different types of bacon!;
- a specialty beer and wine store owned by a friendly man named Mateo, who passionately hand picks his selection; and
- a brewpub run by the friendly and beer-nerdy Saller brothers, who brew some delicious suds while harkening back to some golden days of years past.
What is Included
Not only will you be tasting delicious craft beer, but you’ll be doing so much more on our tours. Here are the basics:
- Learn the basics of Chicago history as it relates to beer, all the way from the first brewery in the city 1833 to Prohibition and Capone to the rapidly expanding beer scene of present day.
- Explore the basics of different beer styles and how beer is made, including a basic home brewing demo, where you’ll feel and smell hops and barley.
- Taste several different beers, about 4 normal size beers in total, several of which are Midwestern craft beers. We try to provide a lot of variety – from lagers to porters – while being as local as possible.
- Pair your beer with small tastings of bacon and spicy beer nuts.
Sunday Brunch Tour (NEW!)
New for 2017, we are incorporating brunch on Sundays! It will be a super fun way to get over any weekend hangover and pair our great tour with delicious food. We’ll start with a Bloody Mary and beer chaser at our first stop at Harrigan’s, and you’ll get to select from one of the following brunch options at our second stop at Paddy Long’s:
BLT Eggs Benedict – 2 English muffins topped with poached eggs, cracked pepper bacon, tomato & lemon hollandaise sauce. Served with breakfast potatoes;
- Bacon Waffles – Cracked pepper bacon cooked right inside a fresh Belgian waffle. Topped with syrup and service with a side of house made bacon butter;
- The Hungry Wolf Omelete – A 3 bacon and melted cheddar omelette with house made pepper bacon, jowl bacon and applewood smoked bacon. Serve with breakfast potatoes and toast; OR
- Veggie Bagel Sandwich – Scrambled eggs cooked with mushrooms, green & red peppers topped with shredded served on a bagel with breakfast potatoes.
The rest of the tour is approximately the same content as our Saturday tours, so you’ll still get our highly-rated experience…with a fully belly!
Why Should I Take the Lakeview & Lincoln Park Beer Tasting and Bar Tour?
Our oldest and most reviewed tour is a great way to learn about classic Chicago history and taste great beer while visiting some really unique spots in a classic walkable Chicago neighborhood. You’ll learn about Chicago history, primarily as it relates to beer – and you’ll be surprised by how many interesting stories and “fun facts” we share. You’ll taste delicious beer from visiting unique, local establishments, with great variety on both. You’ll also walk and get a feel for these wonderful neighborhoods – Lakeview and Lincoln Park are some of the nicest walkable neighborhoods in the city, and we have no doubt that you’ll want to explore the area even more after your tour.
Combining it all together with wonderful people and it makes for an unforgettable experience. In short, our tour is a really unique activity in Chicago that is fun and memorable. We’d love to discover Chicago through beer with you! For more details, check out our “Why Us” page.
We hope that you’ll join us! Purchase tickets today.
Please note our tour minimum and cancellation policy: while anyone can book a tour, we do require that at least 4 people are booked on a particular tour. If there are three (3) people or less booked on a tour, we will cancel and offer you a full refund or reschedule you with at least 24 hours advance notice.