Please note that our Sin & Suds beer tour is closed for the season and will return in early spring 2017. In the meantime, we would love to have you on our Bacon & Brewing Beer Tour in Lakeview & Lincoln Park (year-round).
Tour Location & In General
This beer tour takes place in the Loop & South Loop neighborhoods and is located right in Downtown Chicago, easily accessible via mass transportation. A trained guide will lead you on approximately a one and a half mile walk through these neighborhoods, where you’ll learn about Chicago and beer and taste great beer over a three-hour period.
Where You’ll Visit
We take tremendous pride in visiting locally-owned establishments. In addition to providing friendly service, these places also have character and uniquely add to the neighborhoods. Included are the following:
- An old Chicago speakeasy and restaurant where Capone himself was known to hang out;
- one of the oldest bars in the city, started by a one of the many German immigrants we’ve had in the city, still holding liquor license No. 1 issued after Prohibition;
- a blues club that was started by Buddy Guy, one of the ultimate legends in the business; and
- a new microbrewery that pays homage to Chicago’s vice past.
What is Included
Not only will you be tasting craft beer, but you’ll be doing so much more on our tours. Here are the basics:
- Learn the basics of Chicago’s sinful history, all the way from the city’s first vice district, the “Sands,” to the infamous levy district and the associated debauchery, to Capone, Prohibition, and the mob.
- Explore the basics of different beer styles and beer’s influence on criminal enterprises, especially during Prohibition.
- Taste several different beers, about 4 normal size beers in total, several of which are Midwestern craft beers. We try to provide a large variety – from lagers to porters – while being as local as possible.
- Pair your beer with a slice of Chicago-style stuffed pizza.
Why Should I Take the Loop & South Loop Beer Tasting and Bar Tour?
Our Sin & Suds beer tour is action-packed. You’ll learn about Chicago history, primarily as it relates to sin – and you’ll be surprised by how many incredible stories we share. You’ll taste delicious beer from visiting unique, local establishments, with great variety on both. You’ll also walk and get a feel for these interesting neighborhoods – the Loop and South Loop are some of the oldest neighborhoods in the city, and we have no doubt that you’ll want to explore the area even more after your tour.
Combining it all together with wonderful people and it makes for an incredible experience. In short, our tour is a really unique activity to do in Chicago that is fun and memorable. We’d love to discover Chicago through beer with you! For more details, check out our “Why Us” page.
We Hope That You’ll Join Us! Purchase tickets today.
Please note our tour minimum and cancellation policy: while anyone can book a tour, we do require that at least 4 people are booked on a particular tour. If there are three (3) people or less booked on a tour, we will cancel and offer you a full refund or reschedule you with at least 24 hours advance notice.